The lovely akwardness of standing in the lines at the BYU bookstore. Let's analize this:
Setting: the bookstore horendously long lines
- the setting alone makes this incredibly akward: your in a long line that you don't want to be in, in the first place. Second, it's in the bookstore which is basically an invitation for zoobies, and missionaries that are quite off their missions, alike to frolick about, trying to get your number.
Time: the very beginning or very end of each and every semester
- Neither of these times is a time where you want to be thinking about school, or about how much money you have spent, or how much you are not going to get.
- Yourself, and of course that person that you know, but not all that well:
- a. the person from freshman year whose name you do not remember
- b. that person from that class that you don't remember but they remember you
- c. that person you used to work with but have not talked to since you/ they quit
- d. the person that you used to be really good friends with, but no longer talk
- e. that person you know you should say hi to, but you don't really have anything to say.
- f. That person you haven't seen in awhile and actually want to have a conversation with
so here inlies the problem:
Situation: Weaving through the line partitioners and seeing that person mentioned above. Not only once, but twice, three times, and that final send off before you get to the register.
- Needless to say, it is very akward to either come up with a conversation every time you see them, or try and maintain a conversation that you actually want to have. This only adds to the distress that I always feel walking up those stairs into the bookstore. No one can claim that their heart doesn't start dancing the two step and you lug yourself through the line praying for:
- a. avoidance for the line passing aquaintance
- b. a money amount that brings a smile
- c. or at the very least, avoiding enemies or the really annoying people
unless seeing said enemy is comical in the fact that they are now scared of you
look out blogging world, I am back!